Friday, March 6, 2009

No needles, please

Today is vaccination day. I am nervous.

I think I was awake until 3am, slept until about 5:30 and then was in and out of sleep until 8:30. At 11am (oh man, that's two hours away as I write this) I will be getting a bunch of shots. 

To be completely honest, I don't even remember which ones I'm getting because any time the group talked about needles, I didn't want to listen. But I think I'm getting yellow fever, typhoid and there's something else. This is one area where I feel okay not being totally informed.

Needles (or anything medical) freak me out almost as much as spiders - another thing I might have to deal with this summer. 

Okay, this is a short post because I thought that writing would calm my nerves. Turns out I was wrong; I'm still shaky and I'm late to start getting ready for the day. 

Look out for my next post this afternoon when I wallow in self-pity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment